Slider

My Lemon Tree

Monday, January 13, 2020



This picture is such a realistic example of how plants can thrive, in a healthy way, inside a greenhouse.  There is a practical side to greenhouses, but also, such a fun, fulfilling side as well.  The lemon on the left is purchased from a grocery store.  The lemon on the right, I picked from my greenhouse this morning with a few honey bees buzzing about.   No chemicals or pesticides were used on mine other than diluted lavender in a spray bottle.  

My sweet mom gifted me a dwarf Meyer's lemon tree a few years ago.  It is one of my most cherished plants.  If you care for these little gems properly, they can yield loads of fruit in just a couple of years.  In the meantime, the foliage and the fragrant blooms make it worth the wait.  

I keep mine in a large container inside my greenhouse and make sure that the soil can drain well.  It's an easy plant to care for, and they make for a fun harvest.  

Mine is loaded with baby lemons right now. I'll soon be asking me to send all the lemon recipes!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All Rights Reserved Copyright Yoderbilt Designs 2020