Slider

New Yoderbilt Greenhouse Owner Series - Choosing a Location for your Greenhouse

Friday, July 31, 2020



Hey, everyone! It’s Shannon, giving you a little update on my very own journey to a Yoderbilt Greenhouse! 


Zinnia Field Pollinator Butterfly


First off, I officially got the call from Angela to go over my electrical package a few days ago when I was working from home.  I hear her on the phone with so many of you so often, I know how great she is walking you through the process and she did the very same thing for me. So, as soon as the electrical package is finished - it will be ready for delivery. 

Since I am on this side of the fence right now, let’s talk about my location choice. I’ll be honest, I’ve been a little anxious in picking the perfect spot. But, once I talked it over Angela - I knew exactly where I wanted it to be. Some opt for shady areas, but because my main goal with my greenhouse is to over-winter my plants, grow food throughout the winter, and start 100% of my spring seedlings - I wanted my placement to be in full sun up until right at sunset so I could maximize the heat of the sun. And, for the sake of transparency - I will be taking A LOT of photos for Yoderbilt...so, I wanted a spot that would allow for maximum winter sun - but, I also wanted to be able to photograph my greenhouse with views of sunset and sunrise. 


Greenhouse Location Field

Greenhouse Location Field

It is an area to the right of our home. We have a lot of clean up to do as it extends past our garden area. A little peach and plum orchard will sit to its left. 


Zinnia Field

Zinnia Field


As mentioned before, I am going with Travis’s recommendation for weed barrier and gravel. In addition to a simple gravel foundation, we will be bringing in some extra dirt to the area because of things I want to add to the area over a period of time. That part isn’t a have-to, but something I want to do in order to add additional raised beds, which I’m a big fan of! 


Location: ✔️

Next up: minimal dirt work, weed barrier and gravel.

I’ll take you along every step of the way! ❤️ - Shannon, Guest Blogger 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

All Rights Reserved Copyright Yoderbilt Designs 2020